Wednesday, January 30, 2008

More Adventures of Patrick and Janelle

When we tried to leave the apartment this morning, Janelle and I discovered that our lock was broken and that we couldn't unlock the door. Janelle called our landlady who promised to have it fixed and I, using some ingenuity and a screw driver, removed the lock and slid the bolt using pliers. Then we headed out for a celebratory breakfast and some morning-shopping.

We had BELTs at Tim Horton's and then headed to Wal-Mart. Janelle bought some pants and a pitcher and a few other things. Then we drove down to TBC Computers and I asked for a price on a computer system. The price they gave me was so phenomenal that I bought the computer without doing any shopping around, like I had planned to, and they had it assembled for me in two hours! What was even more phenomenal was that they provided a free power surge protector. They explained that since they had started giving these gizmos away, the amount of money they lost on warranties dropped significantly.

Anyways, I brought Janelle to school, bought a keyboard at Staples, picked up the computer, brought it home and installed it, picked up Janelle at school and took her to lunch and to the post office, where we had Janelle's student loan processed by a room full of comedians... I brought Janelle back to school and had just enough time to get into my Little Caesar's uniform and before heading to work.

Afterwards Janelle and I had dinner at Dan and Katie's and it was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment