Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

Plot Summary
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane is the story of a china rabbit who is owned by a girl who loves him and adores him completely. Unfortunately, the china rabbit knows nothing of love. Neither does he care to. He is a conceited, arrogant, self-centered, overdressed china rabbit.

But one day, he is lost.

The story chronicles the adventures of Edward, the china rabbit, as he passes from one person to another and learns what it is to love and be loved.

What I liked
Everything. A perfect book.

I still find it hard to believe that a story about a china rabbit could move me like this one did. It is possibly one of the most beautiful heart-wrenching stories I have ever read.

What I didn't like
Nothing.

Conclusion/Recommendation
This is a beautiful book that I recommend to everyone. It scores 7.5/5 long furry ears. (Kate DiCamillo, if you ever happen to read this, I love you for writing this book and I don't think I will ever get over it. Thank you.)

4 comments:

  1. We listened to this book on cd on our way home from our vacation last summer. We loved it!! We hurried through every pit-stop so we could get back to our story. I'm so glad you loved it too. We really do have similar taste in books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, loved this book. Odd that we all should have read it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for giving me this book as a birthday present! I am saving it for my trip and plan to read it to Dad while we drive to Troy. I just can't wait! After reading your comments and peaking at the summary I am just so excited about it!
    Love you so much xoxox

    ReplyDelete