Wednesday, February 4, 2009

um, 25 secret facts or something, i don't know. sorry.

1. i like blankets and quilts and comforters and duvets and bedsheets and those sorts of things. i like to wrap myself up in them and feel myself drift to sleep. i also like wrapping myself up in them and reading a book or sitting by a fire.

2. i like music. i almost always have music playing. i could just sit on the sofa or lie in bed listening to music. when i used to have the time to do it, when i got a new album, i'd put it on and lie on my bed and listen to the whole thing from start to finish.

3. i think children are generally the awesomest people in the world. at least, they're the people who make the most sense to me in the world, because they generally tell how they feel and say what they think and aren't really interested in the really, really stupid things we adults are interested in.

4. i think people don't really like me. even children.

5. i'm not shy. i'm just quiet.

6. it took me a really long time to figure out that when people say "how are you?" or something like that, they don't really mean it, they're just trying to be polite. now i think i'm really jaded, and have a hard time trusting people.

7. i'm not a very skeptical person. i don't have a hard time accepting different points of view or believing people when they tell stories. i don't think i'm gullible, though, maybe just a little naive ... but, like if someone tells me a story that makes sense, i generally believe them. i don't think that's a bad thing, though, because it usually doesn't really make a difference whether i believe them or not.

8. i don't like shaving. i'd rather look scruffy than shave.

9. morning is my favourite time of day ... if only i didn't like being in bed MORE. (see number 1)

10. i like stories. i like to read books, watch movies and tv shows, and play games that have really compelling stories. i also like stories that have some humour. it doesn't really matter if the graphics are bad or the acting is shoddy, or the writing is poor (well, i'm kind of picky about the writing ... it annoys me when the author obviously didn't put much effort into his writing) -- like i said, i don't really have much of a hard time believing things.

11. i like to write stories but i think i'm too hard on my writing and i tend to self-edit too much.

12. i love feedback. i think criticism is one of my biggest motivators. like if someone reads my writing and comments on it, i'm more likely to write more.

13. i have a haunting suspicon that nobody reads my blogs.

14. i think "echoes, silence, patience, and grace" is one of the awesomest album titles ever.

15. i have this weird love-hate relationship with politics because i'm fascinated by the political process, especially in canada, but it also frustrates me like nothing else.

16. i think people are generally stupid.

17. my favourite instrument is the piano.

18. i like kissing.

19. i think freckles are Sooo sexy. freckles and big hair.

20. giraffes may be the awkward dorks of the animal world, but i think they're awesome.

21. i like my job, mostly. but it's really boring. same thing every day ... i wish i was a book editor, because i think i'd make a better editor than a writer. once, in highschool, i made a girl cry when i edited her essay.

22. i love people. i think they're awesome. too bad they don't like me.

23. i generally prefer staying home to going out. i hate big crowds and big parties. i have a hard time hearing the people around me when there's lots of background noise.

24. i don't have facebook because i'm too lazy to set up an account.

25. if you want to keep me occupied, just dump me in a book store. i love shopping for books. hmmm ... i also like shopping for electronics and gizmos, like computer parts or peripherals and software. i don't generally like shopping for clothes.

10 comments:

  1. re. #22 ... see #4 and #16
    ;)
    i love you patrick - you rock the worlds.
    i like being with you in #1. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, #22 is a bit confusing after #16, but #4 is definitely not true!! Just ask my kids! (or me.) I can relate to #7, but I'm just gullible. Re: #6, I felt like my world was turned upside down when, in grade 2, I was told it was FebRUary, not FebUary. I still can't understand why it bothered me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Pat...
    #4-what do you mean nobody likes you? where do you get that idea? did anybody ever tell you they didn't like you, or is this just an idea that you have formed in your mind?
    #22- if you love people than people will love you back, what comes around goes around, you know that saying?
    what's there not to like about you Patrick?
    we like you, we love you, we think you're just the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick, I definitely do not agree with #4 or #22. I really like you. You are real and even though you are quiet, when you say something, it is worth listening to. I know others who like you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #13 - I read your blogs. All of them. Every day. They are on my Google Reader.

    If this were the Hundred-Acre Wood, you would be Eeyore. Oddly, Eeyore was always my favourite character. Although, to be honest, I can't be sure it wasn't because of that beautiful pink bow on his tail...

    A quote you might like:
    "The secret to being loved is to be lovely. The best way to be lovely is to love." (I forget who said this)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm TOTALLY getting a pink bow to stick to my bum! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to say that I don't wish to remain anonymous but I don't know how else to post comments on your page.
    My question is, nobody else seems to have that problem, is there something I'm missing?
    love,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. patrick, you rock.
    and i think you would look dashing with a pink bow on your bum :)
    oooh, and joanne, i remember the same thing being a huge issue for me too. sometimes i write febUary just to be a rebel. it's quite liberating. but then eveyone just thinks you are dumb,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Patrick,
    If you are sensitive, then this may hurt you but dear Guy, I have always loved you and do feel hurt that you don't know. Now from your writing, I get that you love stupid people. Oh well> Most stupid people need to be loved anyway so go for it.
    By the number of people who commented on your 25 facts, I would say that you are at least worth considering. I only had 4 comment on mine. So what does that say???
    I do read your blogs periodically. No all the time, I read the Bible more. You could be a full time blogger when you put your mind to it.
    Anyways, Bud, I love you and am happy that some things seem to be going well with you. I am very happy that you are married to the girl of your dreams and that you love kissing her. I am happy that you love your job. I am thinking that you do a lot of sit down work, right? Am I wrong in suggesting that as a side job for now, that you write a book or edit as you prefer. You are great at this. It is a talent that should not be kept in the dark.

    Love you Bud!
    Tante Doe xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. duh, Doris helped me figure it out! Thank you so much Doris! I was at a loss there....
    I won't be anonymous anymore okay?

    ReplyDelete