Thursday, February 24, 2011

adventures with the stroller

so, janelle and i purchased a stroller from sears on tuesday. it's a fairly nice one but it came in a big heavy box and we didn't have a car and we were in a bit of hurry, so we left it at the store and promised to come back and pick it up the next day.

wednesday, i returned to sears by myself to get it. i claimed the stroller and the counter person asked if i would like to have it delivered to the loading dock so i could put it directly into my vehicle. well, i don't have a vehicle, so i asked if i could just unbox it right there and carry it out. but they said, it's all in pieces and needs to be assembled. so, right there i decided i would take it home on the bus, in the box.

right. well, i picked up the box and started carrying it out and it was okay at first, but by the time i got out of the store it was abundantly clear that there was no easy way i could carry it onto the bus and from the bus stop to my house. so i set it down in the mall, next to a bench, near a garbage can and cut open the box with my keys.

then i pulled out all the pieces of the stroller and assembled it, right there with lots of people going by and watching me. it was a little confusing and i had to keep referring to the instructions, but i eventually got it. i threw out the packaging into the conveniently located garbage can, but the box the stroller came in was too big to dispose of easily, so i tucked it under my arm and pushed the stroller with my other hand and i wheeled the thing the whole way home, carrying an enormous folded cardboard box under my arm.

8 comments:

  1. thank you, darling darling, for bringing it home :D. it's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, you guys, life is so full of adventures! I don't think there's ever a dull moment with you two but that's what makes you so loveable xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have bought a stuffed animal or a doll to push home in it!!! It would have totally completed the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it was providence that led you to recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, i just about peed myself from laughing. you're awesome, stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, this is the funniest post I've read in a long time!!! it shows just why you will be an amazing father. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, reminds me of a story from last fall. I had to buy some parts for our car, so I took the bus to this remote little shop, got a great deal...was quite pleased.
    But the shop owner just laughed when he discovered I had no vehicle to take them home in.
    I had to walk about 15 minutes and bus for another 15 with a 90-pound box of car parts. I tried everything...switching it from arm to arm, carrying it on my head...taking breaks...haha..

    ReplyDelete