Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From Dawn to Decadence: 500 Years of Western Cultural Life by Jacques Barzun

I've begun reading From Dawn to Decadence again. (I originally started reading it a number of years ago, after it was recommended by my first year history professor.) It is a lengthy book, roughly eight hundred pages, and I intend to finish it by the end of the summer because one of the courses I need this fall is Historiography. I believe reading this book will prepare me for this course. Hopefully.

Since I consider reading this book to be a major undertaking, I need to develop a little self discipline in order to continue reading it. (It's a very boring book.) So, I intend to keep myself accountable by blogging about it every 100 pages or so, instead of writing one review at the end. I'll try to include a brief summary as well as a few things that I learned from the book in each post... I hope to post once a week. Maybe.

Off to the library...

1 comment:

  1. i love you, you dedicated learner you. can't wait for page 100!

    ReplyDelete