Sunday, July 4, 2010

in Kapuskasing

So, we're finally in Kapuskasing. It's very humid, I'm sitting in dad's leather chair and my clothes is sticking to my skin because i'm so sweaty!!

I'm also procrastinating... i should be doing some reading because i'm supposed to preach tonight...

The women (my mom, Leanne, Sophie, Grandmaman, Jelena, Janelle) are playing a word game at the kitchen table...

Chad is downstairs in the cool, cool basement (why aren't I there?) preparing his gospel message...

Dad is napping. I think.

We had quite the trip, getting here. Friday morning, Janelle and I flew into Toronto with Porter airline, so we landed at the city center airport on Toronto Island. We walked over to Union Station, lugging our luggage (that's why it's called luggage, you lug it) all the way. It took longer than I expected. So we headed north on the subway to Yorkdale Mall where we went to the theatre and watched Eclipse. It was interesting. Not my favourite, by far. A vampire soap opera, where the vampires are made of toilets. But it was kind of funny and had enough action to keep me interested.

Afterwards we went to the food court, but there was nowhere to sit down, so (and by now we were exhausted and ravenous) we took the subway again to Lawrence Center and had lunch in the vacant food court there. Teriyaki Chicken on Rice and Dumplings. It was both delicious and filling, and Janelle and I shared both dishes between us.

We wandered around the mall a little and then took the subway to our favourite bubble tea place near our old apartment. (The one we lived in when we lived in Toronto). But they were out of bubble tea, which was a massive disappointment. By now we were almost late to meet Chad and Leanne back at Yorkdale. So we went to the bus stop to catch the bus back to the subway station. The bus stop was just outside of Janelle's friend, Michelle's apartment building and Janelle said something like, "I wish I had time to buzz Michelle and see if she was home!" At that same moment she turned around and saw Michelle leaving the building!!! So we hugged and visited while we waited for the bus and then took the bus together up the street. Michelle got off before us and we continued to Eglington Station, where we switched buses. The next bus we took was supposed to take us to Glencairn station, but we'd never taken it before so we were watching for our stop. We ended up getting off a bit too soon and had to walk about five blocks to get to the subway station. By this time, Chad and Leanne and Jelena had been waiting for us for a few minutes at Yorkdale Mall. Anyways, we finally made it, and then we got Bubble Tea there and it was delicious.

Then we got in the car and headed North. Jelena finished off our Bubble Teas because she LOVED the bubbles so much and I fell asleep. Then we pulled in at the Lachance's in Barrie where we spent the night. Fortunately, I was able to stay awake while we visited with Mrs. Lachance and Mitchell.

In the morning we had a massive breakfast. Yum! And headed out again. We stopped for lunch in North Bay at Leanne's grandparent's house, and continued on. We made it to my parent's house in Val-Rita in time for a late, late supper... Leanne had morning sickness in Moonbeam. (!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment