Thursday, September 30, 2010

the incident

so yesterday morning, janelle and i were awakened by some loud noises out in the hallway. well, actually, janelle was awakened by some loud noises out in the hallway, i would have slept right through it, thankfully, though, she woke me up and i didn't miss all the excitement.

we huddled around our peephole and tried to make out what was going on out there. it sounded like someone was beating in a door and yelling, but we couldn't see anything. so, we waited until the guy left and the police showed up (of course the police would only show up after the guy had gone...) before janelle ventured into the hallway. (i went back to bed.)

it looked like the door had been attacked with a pipe or something. it was in pretty bad shape. there were huge splinters out of it all over the floor. scary stuff. anyways, janelle gave a statement to the police and then we tried (unsuccessfully) to get some more sleep before our alarm went off...

later in the day the police came back to talk to the occupants of the apartment and it turns out that the 'victims' had stolen drugs and money from the attacker. crazy.

i'm just glad the attackers knew the right address.

3 comments:

  1. You guys need to compile your blogs and write a book. I would buy it. And this probably sounds mean (and I really don't intend it that way) but it makes me thankful for my too-small house that I complain about more than I should. At least the only drive by shooting on our street happened before we lived here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thunder Bay. Almost as bad as Halifax eh? I hope you guys end up in a really safe place some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it actually seems worse to me...

    ReplyDelete