Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Furniture!

Yesterday was an interesting day. Janelle went off to school at eleven o'clock. I spent the rest of the morning writing, and at one thirty I picked up Janelle at the university and we went furniture shopping. We looked up all the used furniture stores we could find in Halifax and some in Dartmouth on the internet while we ate a quick lunch. Then off we went. The first store was a quick decision, we walked in and the first thing we saw was a little mirror priced at $160. So we turned around and left. The second one didn't exist anymore. And the third one wasn't open on mondays. So we went across the harbour to Dartmouth and hit up Angie's Buy and Sell. But we didn't find what we were looking for there. On the way back, we stopped at Colin and Joanne's house but they weren't home. Probably out for pizza or something. So I dropped off Janelle at the university and went to Staples.

After Janelle was done school for the day, we had supper with Juaniece. Cousin Jeff from Vancouver was there too and we had an awesome time with the dog. And the kids.

I bought a nice black bookcase at Staples, and after supper Janelle and I went to Wal-Mart and bought a nice futon. Then we spent the rest of the night putting together our guest room. Then Jeff came over to spend the night and Janelle made some grilled cheese sandwiches and then Jeff and I went out for Donairs. It was almost two AM so King of Donair was closed-ish. All they had left was slices and they wouldn't make us anything, so we went to Greco's and they were closed. So we went to Sicilian's and they were just about to close, but the man offered to make us donairs anyway, so he did, and it was fantastic.

Anyways, I just left a ridiculous message at the Morton's and I'm feeling somewhat embarrassed. And I'm waiting for Jeff to wake up so I can make him breakfast or something. Or maybe he'll want to go out for Donairs again...

No comments:

Post a Comment