Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dan and Katie Come to Halifax for the Weekend

We had Dan and Katie for the weekend. They arrived shortly after midnight on Friday. (Thankfully, Janelle and I had the weekend off.) So after I got off work I did five loads of laundry and tidied up the apartment a little. By the time Janelle got home after seven, we were both exhausted. And Janelle had been so busy at Little Caesar's that she hadn't had supper yet. (It was halloween, they made their greatest sales ever.)

Saturday morning Dan and Katie, Heidi, Janelle and I went to the market. While Katie, Janelle, and Heidi shopped, I accompanied Dan to the part of the market where they sell peanut butter balls. Dan bought a couple and an apple and then we walked along the waterfront for a while.

Then Mary Ann (my big boss) called and I had to reclean an apartment that I had cleaned Friday... So we all went back home and Dan helped Janelle and I clean while Katie and Heidi went to the blackmarket. (Probably to buy drugs and guns--thereby ensuring Kenny's job security.) Anyways, it took a little more than an hour to clean the apartment, Janelle was fantastic because she knew just what to do and how to do it. It was a bit of a consolation to me that Mary Ann made the carpet cleaners redo their job in that apartment too.

After lunch we went to Peggy's cove (see Janelle's facebook for photos) and had a wonderful, great time. And when we got back we had Nathan and Andrew and Emma Joy and Heidi for supper. We decided that, instead of having a guestbook, we would make our guests draw pictures for us with the tablet. That's how we discovered that Nathan is an artistic genius.

Nathan painted this with watercolour

and drew this with crayons

this is heidi's contribution.

Dan drew this guy. He also drew the first one.

After supper Janelle, Katie, and Emma Joy went to the mall while Nathan, Andrew, Dan and I stayed at the apartment. We jammed for a bit, and drew pictures, and Andrew and Dan had plenty of Cape Bretonese conversations (yikes).

Sunday we had Heidi and her dad (who flew in from Fort McMurray on Saturday night--Janelle and Katie made a "welcome home" poster for him). for lunch. After lunch Dan and Katie had to head back for Sydney. And it was freezing cold outside. Janelle and I spent the rest of the evening recouperating from the weekend. We napped, snuggled, watched a movie...

On Monday, after work, Juaniece came over and we worked on her website. Ok, it's still not up yet, but I'm hoping to get something up SOON. This time she wanted it totally revamped... so we completely changed the look of it.

3 comments:

  1. wow you guys, no wonder Janelle's feeling under the weather! Poor girl had to do prep for Monday to top it all off! I hope you feel better really really soon Janelle,
    it's your Mama Carole loving you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for starting to blog again.
    I really enjoy your writing Patrick (and Janelle).
    You're a talented couple.
    We may see you if you're in Halifax around the Holiday season- I'm coming home and so is Vince:)
    YAY
    Hope to see you soon ♥
    Ciela xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy paintings!
    I want a tablet now.

    ReplyDelete