Sunday, May 31, 2009

Here We Are At Last!

So, we flew out of Halifax on Thursday evening and landed in Toronto where my cousin Stephane picked us up at the airport and brought us to his house, in which Tante Doris also has an apartment.

We spent the night at Tante Doris' apartment, sleeping on the floor and we got up early the next morning. We spent a few minutes with Logan and Rykauna and Hudson who had all grown up SO much since we lived in Toronto and are now quite big. And then we hit the road, with Tante Doris driving. We had breakfast near Barrie at Tim Horton's and pressed on northwards.

Along the way, we chatted it up with Tante Doris. We talked about all kinds of things and it was really neat. Tante Doris is exceptionally wise and wonderful and I love her tremendously. We arrived at Uncle Phil and Aunt Pauline's in Timmins at precisely six o'clock on Friday evening, just in time for supper. Cousin Danielle and her husband Harry were there also and we had a very nice visit. Sophie and Courtenay arrived a little later. We stayed up chatting for quite a while until my parents arrived from Collingwood on their way home from visiting Chad and Leanne and baby Jelena in Detroit at almost eleven thirty, and then we went to bed.

Saturday morning we had breakfast and a nice visit with Mom and Dad and Uncle Phil and Aunt Pauline and then we got all dressed up and headed to the Cedar Meadows resort for Melina and Mylan's wedding. It turned out to be a lot of fun because all kinds of people were there like Jesse and Vince and Robb and Angele and Candy! That was fantastic and fun and I realized again how much I love all of them. It was sad to be leaving them.

After the wedding we headed even further north, arriving in Kapuskasing with my parents at about eleven o'clock. We went pretty much straight to bed and had a nice deep long sleep. Sunday morning we got up nice and early, had coffee and breakfast and headed off to meeting. (Dad lent me a suit with suspenders, so I wore it and it was nice.) Everyone remarked how much weight I had gained ... which was not Janelle's fault, she makes wonderful food, but it's me who keeps putting it in my mouth!

We had Matt and Kim Arsenault and their three wonderful and exciting children with us for lunch and Mom and Dad's house and that was really nice and then we went for a walk to the rock quarry and circled the village before coming back. All in all, so far it's been a very nice trip. Except for the snow we woke up to this morning ... that was almost heart breaking.

4 comments:

  1. Snow!!? that is horrible! Oh, I miss Robb and Angele...I want pictures! And your Tante Doris sounds lovely...bring her back to NS with you. xoxo miss you.

    ps. we spent the day at the Dingle today and thought of you lots. We climbed all 122 steps to the top of the tower, and then back down; at which point my legs became raspberry jelly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh your girls must have been so excited to climb the tower!! that's awesome! i miss robb and angele tooo ... i cried so much :(. they're really awesome. angele looked sooo beautiful at the wedding - she totally stole the show. melina, of course, was lovely - but angele just glowed.
    it was such a beautiful wedding. it made me happy to be married (i mean, i already am happy, but it reminded me about all the wonderful, beautiful things that can get lost in the scramble to pay rent and loans ...).
    we're having so much fun in kap - joey, you'd love the cute kids we had lunch with yesterday - they said such funny things! the 4 year old (a boy) was in the bathroom, and his mom asked him if he was done. he hopped off the toilet, looked inside, and said, "probably. there's a big one, and a little one!" :D haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we're having such a blast having you guys over for a visit! I am loving every minute of it! I already miss Sophie who left this morning and I'm sure I'll be missing you guys too -

    ReplyDelete
  4. boohoohoo... I miss you guys so much!!
    I know you're in the air flying over Halifax right now, probably landing on the tarmat as I write...
    I love you both so much!
    Thanks for the lovely note you left by the bed, you are so kind!
    God bless you and I hope you have a very enjoyable time with Chad and Leanne and Jelena! xoxox

    ReplyDelete