Friday, June 11, 2010

Janelle Talks In Her Sleep

Janelle went to bed as soon as she got home from work, poor thing, she was so tired. I went to bed with her and read to her until she fell asleep. After she fell asleep I kept reading to the end of the chapter. When I finished the chapter, I put the book down, took off my glasses and turned off the lights.

Janelle sat upright in bed and said,
"Patrick...?" in a very sleepy sounding voice.
"Patrick, this is very important, you have to listen to me." She took hold of my hand and squeezed it.
"When I'm talking about the man on the radio, I'm not talking about the man on the radio, I'm talking about being interrupted by the person who turned the radio on."

Confused, I leaned in very close and said, "I'm sorry, what are you saying?"

She started over again, "When I'm talking about the man ..." and she stopped. Then she said, "I hear the laughing meanness in your voice. Get me some warm pajamas, I'm freezing."

3 comments:

  1. this kills me. i remember parts of it - like being cold, and trying to explain something. sorry for being crazy. i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it wouldn't be the same if you weren't crazy. i love all of it, the crazy and the sane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one sleep talker to an other: Congratulations. At least you're somewhat coherant... and apparently really funny as well. You guys crack me up.

    ReplyDelete