Thursday, November 4, 2010

Patrick Misses Janelle

So, Janelle's new job has taken her to Winnepeg for a week of training. I miss her. Here's some reflections on a week of singleness:

1. It sucks. Seriously. I don't go to bed late and sleep in, and then feel like I missed my whole day and end up staying up late again to make up for it, which makes me tired in class the next morning. I forget to eat. I forget to take my vitamins and my apple cider vinegar... which reminds me.

okay, i'm back now.

2. It's really lonely. We talk on the phone every day, but it's not the same.

On the plus side, it was really nice on Tuesday and I had a nice walk. I walked all the way to meeting and it only took me about half an hour. I got to think about stuff. Also, I got to work more on my story, and I'm really happy about that!

I've also been working on an essay about the Soviet Union's General Secretary/Premier/President Mikhail Gorbachev (of the late 1980s and early 1990s) for my Cold War History class, which I'm liking a whole lot. It's my favourite and most interesting class and my professor is really, really cute. He's French, and he says funny things, like last week he was talking about Egypt's Aswan Dam project and he said they wanted to use it to control the "fluudes" on the Nile. And then he said, "Fluudes, fluudes. I do not know how to pronounce this anymore." And someone yelled "Floods!" And he said, "Ah yes, floods." It was funny. :)

3 comments:

  1. i love you darling! can't wait to see you in less than 48 hours :D. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I just pictured Inspector Clouseau from Pink Panther. "A bimp!! It's a bimp!!"

    ReplyDelete