Thursday, September 27, 2007

More From Little Caeser's

I dropped a large pizza on myself. I was trying to get it into a box, but the pan was sticky and the pizza wouldn't slide off it and into the box, so I gave it a vigorous shake and the scalding hot pizza landed on my apron and the front of my pants. ugh. I tried to catch it, save it with my hands, but it was still very hot and the sauce burned my fingertips. It slid down my apron and plopped face-down on the floor, except for a few slices that fell into the box. We get to eat these mistakes but I think that if, every time we make a mistake, we get rewarded with free pizza, the mistakes won't stop happening.

Last night I waited on a lady who wanted two sets of wings. Generally we only keep one set of wings ready in the hot box (at least, as far as I know) so I neglected to check and told the lady that it would be a five or six minute wait for the wings because they needed to be prepared. This upset her because she didn't have five or six minutes (to me, she probably would get stuck in traffic on her way home and lose at least that much time anyway, but that's inconsequential). She pointed to our sign that advertised Little Caeser's Wings as Hot and Ready, complaining that it was false advertising. I thought of explaining to her the economic reasons for keeping only one set of wings Hot and Ready, but instead I apologized and offered to let her talk to my manager about it. She said, "Just give me my money back," which I did.

Later Joanne told me that there was actually two sets of wings in the hot box. I guess I learned to make sure and check every time instead of assuming.

We had a fund raiser on Wednesday and the store was packed out. It was crazy, Kerri and I were on cash, taking orders. For the whole two to three hours I had a stiff panicky sensation in my gut. I was SO glad to be finished.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I hope you don't hate your job. I love working with you. We'll get you speedy at cleaning and prep, and then you won't be on cash so much!! And we've started training some of the others on cash, so that will help too.

    ReplyDelete