Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Case of the Vibrating Toothbrush

Well, I've just had the weirdest/funniest work related call of my existence.

At about 1230am the phone rang. Of course, Janelle and I had just gotten out of bed for a midnight snack of some pudding, toast with cream cheese and hot sauce and a little something to drink. I handed my plate to Janelle and rushed to answer the phone. An Asian woman complained to me that a high-pitched buzzing sound in her apartment was keeping her awake and she wanted me to check if the neighbours were drilling in their bathroom. I really wanted to go back to bed and I was thinking, Darn, lady. Can't it wait? But, of course, if it's keeping her awake, I've got to go. So I asked if I could check in her apartment first because I'd have to hear the noise for myself. She agreed and I headed out. "It's probably an electric toothbrush," Janelle said as I left.

When I got to her apartment, I could hear the sound from outside her door. It definitely didn't sound like it was coming from anywhere but her apartment. So I knocked and she let me in. She had closed the bathroom door to keep the sound out, but I could hear it quite loudly through the door, so I could understand it keeping her awake. I entered the washroom, worried that I'd find water running weird in the walls or something urgent like that. I listened to the sound and it led me to a shelf above the toilet. The whole shelf was vibrating. I looked carefully and there was an electric toothbrush, stuck in a mug, vibrating away. So I turned it off.

Needless to say the girl was embarrassed. It was too funny.

1 comment:

  1. hey Pat! you're becoming such a handyman - imagine, fixing the monster toothbrush in somebody's apartment in the middle of the night! What amazing insight your wife has - she already had the problem figured out. That is too cute xox

    ReplyDelete