Wednesday, April 29, 2009

All The Excitement

So the past couple days have been pretty exciting! On Monday we went to Victoria's birthday party and pretty much everyone was there: Mom and Dad Swan, Joanne and her girls, and Bekah and Justin and Aunt Esther and Uncle Ken. It was at Peaches' house, so no need to mention that she and her children were there. We had a great time, the kids were absolutely wild and I poured coke on Marcella's head. That was fun.

By the way, Bekah, I still can't post comments on your blog.

And yesterday, Janelle and I went to dinner at Athens with Rachel and some friends from Janelle's school. That was fun. The rice pudding was exceptional, as usual.

As for the not-so-exciting: the past week or so I've been experimenting with the new Ubuntu, to figure out what it can do, so I haven't been doing much of anything else. I also finished reading Unfinished Tales by JRR Tolkein, so expect a review soon. And I downloaded and have been listening to The Cranberries' Greatest Hits album all morning. Oh yeah, I've got the day off today because of a particularly interesting time last weekend.

Janelle and I were on call this past weekend, and because Janie (the Superintendent at our neighbouring building) had the weekend off, we were covering both buildings. So, on Saturday morning there were phone books and broken glass to clean up at her building: someone had thrown the phone books down the stairs and smashed some glass in front of the building. Jane helped me clean that up while Janelle went for some breakfast at McDonald's. Later in the day, we had Ashlin, Marcella, and Laurie for a bit and played on the rooftop garden with them, and then met Mom and Dad Swan at Wendy's for dinner. After that there were a few apartment showings at the other building and then I had to plunge a toilet (that was so much fun!). But aside from that the day was pretty uneventful. On Sunday, Janelle made some banana-coconut cream pie and we ate some with Mom and Dad Swan, which was terrific: the best banana-coconut cream pie I've ever had!

Anyways, the boss gave me a day off this week because I covered the other building, so I'm taking full advantage of it. I slept in this morning, I plan to do some laundry, listen to music, start reading a book, blog a little ... you know, a fun filled day off.

1 comment: