Monday, June 8, 2009

birthday celebrations

it was supposed to be a surprise ... but i accidentally found out today at lunch. joey and colin and ashlin, marcella, and laurie came for a bit of a birthday celebration supper thing and they brought their waffle maker. we had waffles with yogurt, whipped cream, and iced cream and strawberries, bananas, mangos, and raspberries. yummy.

it was so nice to have them with us! the kids were crazy as usual and funny and hilarious in turns. plus they brought a birthday present! a book! and i really look forward to reading it!

4 comments:

  1. sweet Patrick! It's so nice to see so much love spread out to you in such a nice way!
    Janelle's family is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry we took off so early. Usually, I give Colin more of a fight. I didn't realize until we got home how exhausted I was!! I fell asleep while Marcella was reading to me (her homework). She kept saying, "You're supposed to be awake for this." And I said, "mmm...I am awake, i just have my eyes closed...zzz.." Finally I woke up a bit and she had gone downstairs. I slept for a while, then Colin woke me up to say Jocelyn wanted me to go for a walk with her. It's a good thing, too, or I might have slept till morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's funny! after you left we were quite full, we put off doing the dishes and i asked janelle if she wanted to watch a movie and then go for a walk ... we put on a movie and part way through it we were both falling asleep so we went right to bed without finishing it or going for a walk or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. there must've been sleeping powder in the waffles ... :S

    ReplyDelete