Thursday, June 25, 2009

first ultrasound

i'd post the pictures of our first ultrasound ... but the doctor kept them. i'm kind of disappointed about that.

anyways, we saw our baby today! it's really little, as can be expected. it's about the size of a grain of rice and seems to be developing healthily (if the doctor is to be trusted). we could see it wiggling and we could see the heartbeat. we're calling it little belzoir (pronounced, bell-zo-ear).

looking at it, my face split into an uncontrollable grin and my eyes watered. thankfully, no one was looking at me, grinning like an idiot and crying ... i'm such a happy/proud papa.

3 comments:

  1. baby, i peeked at you once (i couldn't tear my face away from the screen any more than that!) and you were grinning and breathing like you had just run a marathon - and there were tears in your eyes and you held my hand. it was amazing.
    i can't believe we saw our baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations P&J! I can't believe that you have seen this little one even as early as this!
    to say that this child was the size of a grain of rice is unbelieveable! so I gather that there is only one little baby there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaay. I can't wait to meet him/her!!!

    ReplyDelete